Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekly Exercise journal: 7-19-10

For a quick synopsis, from www.dailymile.com <----- love that website!

100 miles tracked
5 hours, 22 minutes logged
6641 calories burned
7 workouts (6 days of cycling)

I gave myself a pretty big challenge this past week. I set a goal to ride 100 miles on the bike. I've never EVER done that before. And I wasn't convinced I could even do it.

Part of the reason for this challenge was to spread word on the Alzheimer's Breakthrough Ride ... the team is riding from San Francisco to Washington DC. They are hoping to raise awareness of the deteriorating disease that needs more support.

As some of you (my 6 dedicated readers) know my Grandfather was recently moved to his "new home"... with about 24 other Alzheimer's residents who need constant care. To track (or support) the Breakthrough Ride cyclists, click on this link... Breakthrough Ride


No comments:

Post a Comment