Monday, November 29, 2010

weekly exercise journal: 11-22-10

For a quick synopsis, from http://www.dailymile.com/ <----- love that website!

11.6 miles tracked
40 minutes logged
815 calories burned
1 tracked workout

Had a bit of breathing problem at the beginning of the week, being a sharp pain in my lung when I would breathe deep. Since it was on the left side it was a good idea for a visit to the Dr.

Nurse's practitioner took my pulse, oxygen levels... even did an EKG reading. All came back fine. So, it wasn't a heart issue. Nice!

Dr suggested maybe it was a pulled muscle and I was feeling the strain in my chest wall when I would breathe deep. So, he gave me an anti-inflammatory and told me to keep an eye on it. If the pain continued I was supposed to come back...

So this all makes sense. Last week I increased my upper body weights (and hubby and I went to our storage unit to pull some Christmas boxes out).

Fast forward to less than 48 hrs later... pain is completely gone. So, I got back on the bike!


Woo hoo! You just never know. And a pain in the chest on the left side of the body? Not something you want to ignore...


No comments:

Post a Comment