Sunday, October 17, 2010

Didn't think I had it in me...

Yesterday I did something I didn't think I could do...

I walked.
About 2 miles.
Up and down flights of stairs.
Up and down steep inclines.


And we kept walking... and then we didn't stop. We just kept walking...

You see we were visiting a college campus. A bunch of us gals went on a road trip to visit a daughter in college. She was so proud to show us the campus... especially the science wing! And so we walked. And we kept walking... and then we giggled when we walked through the library and we were breathing so hard that people were turning around to look at us old ladies...


Afterall, walking is a painful problem for someone who has over 75 extra pounds on her body, at least one knee that is missing cartiledge and another knee that has a pretty bad case of arthritis...


But I am happy to report... I didn't quit! I DID go slower than the rest of the group. I DID stop for a break or two. And I DID huff and puff the whole way.


But still... I was moving. I was in pain, but I was moving. And I am paying for it today... but I was moving.


I am proud of myself... I don't think I could have done this 20 pounds ago.


But yesterday... I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment