Sunday, September 26, 2010

TRIGLYCERIDES...

Starting 7 years ago my hubby and I started asking our Dr to review our blood lab results with the both of us. We like to hear these results, get the Dr's recommendations and see how each other's health is holding up... and then sometimes we get to rub it in when someone makes a big improvement from last year...

Well, I have exciting news!

Due to my change in priorities over the past 8 months... I have drastically lowered my triglycerides! < --- read more at this link

Below, read about the levels of triglycerides...

Triglyceride Level Classification
Less than 150 mg/dL Normal
150-199 mg/dL Borderline-high
200-499 mg/dL High
500 mg/dL or higher Very high


In 2009, before consistent exercise and smarter food choices, my triglyceride level was at 294! (gasp!!!) Oh yeah... my Dr took the opportunity to lecture me.

And for 2010?

My triglyceride level dropped to 151!!!!!

The Dr was sooo proud of me! (You would be too if you'd lectured me for 3 1/2 minutes about it! I'm sure he went home and patted himself on the back ... )

Confession: To the best of my ability, I had not heeded the Dr's lecture. Neither had I set out to lower my triglycerides. (sorry Doc!!!)

But I do believe this was a by-product of making some healthier decisions for myself. 'Cuz if I don't take care of myself... no one else is going to!


It's amazing what eating healthy and exercising more consistently will do for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment